Table of Contents
- The Science Behind Combining Modafinil And Alcohol
- Modafinil And Alcohol: Three Situations
- Interaction Of Modafinil And Food
- Can I Take Modafinil with Coffee?
- Is there potential for addiction to Modafinil?
- Are there interactions with other drugs?
- Tips for Using Modafinil
- How To Store Modafinil
- Final Words
Mixing modafinil and alcohol was not a pleasant experience when I first tried it, but it reduces my tolerance a lot. When I tried it again under different circumstances, then I got different results. If you are looking to buy Modafinil and mixing it with alcohol, then you are in the right place.
You should probably have read about the different effects it has on people if you research through various forums and sites such as AfinilExpress and Modafinil Cat dedicated to nootropics or modafinil. Some say it builds up their tolerance while other reported it makes them extremely drunk. However, what exactly is the science behind mixing the two? Here I’ll explain the scientific interaction between alcohol and modafinil.
The Science Behind Combining Modafinil And Alcohol
Many sites say mixing alcohol and Modafinil is a bad idea; it’s just an assumption because combining both isn’t a death sentence. Although doctors don’t want people mixing prescription drugs with alcohol, the full reasoning isn’t given.
The link between alcohol and modafinil is all down to GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid). GABA is our brain’s main depressive neurotransmitter. Dramatically, alcohol consumption increases GABA and decreases the activity of glutamate, which generates uncertain mood effects.
Modafinil is a GABA antagonist that increases glutamate production and decreases GABA production. What this means in layman’s language is that Modafinil can reverse the effects of alcohol regarding built up tolerance.
If you read around the Internet as I said earlier, some individual says it makes them develop a tolerance to alcohol, which is what I’m talking about here.
There are some benefits to mixing Alcohol and Modafinil but doing so is not recommended. Below are some of the advantages recorded.
- Impossible to Blackout: You’ll find it difficult to blackout when you mix this nohttps://buy-modafinil-online.org/modafinil-and-alcohol/otropic with alcohol. You’ll be able to drink more without the fear of forgetting about what happened last night. Modafinil promotes cognition whether you’re drunk or sober.
- Increased Tolerance: You’ll be able to drink more than usual after a day using the nootropic with alcohol because your mind won’t feel the drunkenness. Those looking to rage all night long consider this positive.
- Hangover Cure: While I’m a huge fan of consuming Modafinil, combining alcohol on Modafinil isn’t something special to me. There’s nothing good than waking up in the morning feeling awful and taking 200 mg of Modafinil. Within two hours, you’ll be productive instead of sitting in your bed all day.
What are the negative consequences of mixing Modafinil and alcohol? What’s the downside of such a combination? Let’s take a look.
- You Feel Fine: This could be a negative or a positive and it can be dangerous depending on how you look at it. When you feel the positive effects of the liquor without any of the negatives, this leads to overdrinking, as people feel fine and do not realize they are drunk. Mixing modafinil and alcohol leads to people drinking past their normal limit.
- Unknowingly Drunk Quicker: Some people report getting drunk quicker when taking Modafinil because the mind won’t feel it when the body will get drunk. It’s almost impossible to know how drunk you are when you combine alcohol with nootropic. Modafinil suppresses appetite, and many users go drinking with an empty stomach and end up getting wasted much faster.
- Getting Sick: Many users report horrific hangovers when modafinil and alcohol while others claim to get sick for a few days after consuming combination. Hangover could be hellish, so I won’t recommend drinking heavy after taking 200 mg of modafinil or more.
- Long Half-Life: Modafinil has a long half-life of 12 to 16 hours. The effect can pump for long hours. Therefore, Modafinil will mix with alcohol if you plan to drink during this period.
- Not Recommended: No doctor or health care profession has ever recommended the combination of Modafinil and alcohol. You should try to avoid mixing both whenever possible to keep things simple. It’s hard on the body to digest Modalert 200mg and drink at the same time.
Modafinil And Alcohol: Three Situations
With prescription drugs like Modafinil, you get a disclaimer not to drink in 12 to 24 hours after taking your last dose because of the half-life. Modafinil has a relatively long one. However, let look at different experiences with mixing modafinil and alcohol.
1. Drinking alcohol the day after consuming modafinil
Modafinil only has a half-life of around 16 hours thus; your blood will not contain any of this medicinal product by the next day. Therefore, if you take the smart drug and the next day you start drinking, the effects of Modafinil should have worn off. You’ll be able to drink as usual without any hangover or drunkenness. Many users say that they felt better than usual, and their speech, cognition, motion functions were close to normal.
2. Drinking immediately after taking modafinil
You should never try to take a dose of modafinil and drink alcoholic beverages a few minutes later. Although some users say nothing terrible has happened to them after doing so, but most users stated that they felt sick right after the first glass of beer and could not walk. I don’t recommend. You can end up in a state where you can’t sleep.
3. Drinking alcohol after taking modafinil in the morning
Consuming both alcohol and modafinil on the same day depends on how soon you start drinking. Taking a pill in the morning, and in the evening you can go out party with your friends with no problem or even dangerous consequences. Although your tolerance levels will go up, and you should feel good, but you may get drunk easily due to lack of food consumption.
Interaction Of Modafinil And Food
You should take modafinil once a day at the same hour every day. The pills are administered in the morning if you have apnea or narcolepsy. You should take the drug an hour before your shift starts if you have a sleep disorder. However, users report that it is better to take the tablets on a full stomach. A full stomach can make modafinil effects smoother, and users testify that they feel less irritated and disturbed when they take modafinil during their breakfast.
Can I Take Modafinil with Coffee?
Modafinil is a wakefulness-promoting substance as well as caffeine; therefore it’s dangerous if you drink coffee right after or before taking a pill.
It’s recommended you control the doses of caffeine you drink during the day, whether from chocolates, tea, sweet drinks, and much more. Consult with your physician and adjust your diet to your treatment plan with the help of a professional.
Is there potential for addiction to Modafinil?
This drug is not physically addictive, and the risks of addiction are very low. Although, psychological dependence may occur if the drug is taken every day. Modafinil is available as a prescription medication in the UK, US, Canada and other countries in the world.
Are there interactions with other drugs?
Personally, I haven’t felt any adverse interactions when using modafinil. It’s recommended you contact your doctor about possible interactions if you take other medicines.
Tips for Using Modafinil
Start with small doses. The average dosage for modafinil is about 200mg, but you can start off with 100mg or even 50mg to make sure that you’re responding to it appropriately and aren’t experiencing any problems. Be fully hydrated before taking to avoid experiencing headaches after consuming it because it becomes easy to focus on specific activities that you forget to drink water.
You should take it in the morning or just about half an hour before work and then work for several hours because the drug stimulates your brain, helps to focus, gives you energy, alertness, and wakefulness. It’s recommended not to take modafinil before bedtime as it might make it difficult for you to fall asleep.
When taking modafinil, don’t overdo it. You should aim to consume little, so once you become comfortable with a precise dose, have a day off with modafinil to prevent building tolerance to it. If you are feeling like you’re building up modafinil tolerance, you can stop it for some time.
How To Store Modafinil
- Store in a dry place.
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep drugs in a safe place.
- Keep medications out of the reach of kids and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to dispose of the medications.
- Throw away expired or unused drugs. Do not pour down a drain or flush down a toilet unless you are instructed to do so.
It’s safe to say the time interval between taking Modafinil and then drinking is vital, but I wouldn’t recommend mixing alcohol and modafinil. Ideally, consuming modafinil in the morning and drinking late in the evening or night shouldn’t be a problem. If you really want to boost your working time, then yes Modafinil will undoubtedly help you to be better and sharper as long as you get quality Modafinil. Just as a warning, if you are taking anything, you should contact your doctor about it.